Leaders in Progressive Education
Our admissions season begins October 1st, and priority is given to families who apply by February 13th. Thereafter, admission is available year-round as space permits. Admission is based on an evaluation of your child's previous school history, a family interview, and your child's participation in a typical school day. We also encourage prospective families to attend at least one Parent Tour and our Open House to learn more about Cascade Canyon School, meet our teachers, and familiarize yourself with our school philosophy.
The first round of admission decisions is communicated in March.
how to apply
Request a Tour
Application packets are available through our school office or may be downloaded here:
- Send your completed application along with the application fee of $125 (made out to Cascade Canyon School).
- Have your child's current teacher fill out the recommendation form and mail it directly to the school admissions office.
- Provide a copy of your child's transcript (not applicable for kindergarten).
- Once we have received a completed application and application fee, we will call to schedule a classroom visit.
- The Head of School or classroom teacher will conduct a family interview by phone or in person.
Application Deadline—February 13, 2018
Financial Aid Deadline—February 28, 2018
Admission Decisions Deadline—March 16, 2018
Contact AdmissionsAdmissions Office
Cascade Canyon School
102 Marinda Drive
Fairfax, CA 94930
We welcome inquiries about the application process!
Sign up for a Parent Tour! Meet with our Head of School and visit our classrooms.
Visit our Open House (a family event) in late January of each year to meet our teachers and learn more about our school. The next Open House is to be scheduled during the 2017–2018 school year.
tuition & financial aid
Tuition for the 2017–2018 school year is $19,735.
Cascade Canyon School is able to set aside a portion of funds each year to provide small, partial tuition assistance awards to assist families in need. Our goal is to extend tuition assistance as broadly as possible to maintain and further expand the diversity of families who can attend CCS. Please follow the steps outlined below or feel free to contact the school office at 415-459-3464 for further information on how to apply.
How to Submit the Online Financial Aid Application
- Have your family’s prior year tax return and supporting documents in hand.
- Go to: http://sssbynais.org to access the online SSS program.
- Enter the Cascade Canyon School Code 5043 so that your information will be sent to our school.
- Complete your PFS (Parent Financial Statement).
- Upload your prior year tax returns, with all W2s, 1099s, and supporting schedules (directly to SSS).
- Submit a signed copy of Federal Tax Form 4506-T to Cascade Canyon School to finalize your application.
- If you need help during the online process, contact SSS.
The Financial Assistance Committee maintains strict confidentiality of all financial information provided to them by our families.
Are siblings given special consideration?
CCS gives special consideration in the admissions process to currently enrolled families with student siblings who demonstrate the ability to be successful in our program. The admissions process is the same for all applicants.
How many openings does CCS typically have?
CCS enrolls eight kindergarten students and eight students in grade 6 each year. Vacancies in other grades depend on current class size.
Middle school class size is capped at 16–18 students.
What are the arrival and departure times at CCS?
The school day begins at 8:30 a.m. Classes end at 3:00 p.m. for K/1 and at 3:10 p.m. for grades 2–8.
Can you help if we're concerned about tuition?
CCS offers indexed tuition based on a family's ability to pay. The school is dedicated to making education accessible to families from a range of economic backgrounds. CCS works with the School & Student Services (a program associated with the NAIS) for the application process.